Having a very busy art month...
- Accepted into Logan City Council's Double Vision Art Exchange programme and spent 5 days in Onkaparinga Council area in South Australia staying at Port Noarlunga with 4 other Logan artists...what a jam-packed experience! Fantastic.
- .Last week at the beautiful Arts in the Olives Festival , Lost World, teaching Basketry and Sculptural Forms in a 'Garden of Delights'.
- The last 5 days helping to entertain 5 visiting artist from the Onkaparinga Council in South Australia as part of the Double Vision Art Exchange.Showing them around Logan and surrounds, including a trip to the Open Studios on Mt Tamborine.
- This weekend 26th, 27th May I'll be Artist in Residence at Mt Barney Lodge as part of their 'A World Apart' food festival...wine tasting, woodfired pizzas, bush tucker inspired meals...to name a few. Am offering workshops over the weekend (see below) and will have work for sale.
- 2nd, 3rd June Open Studios Cultural Trail in the Scenic Rim. I'll be Artist in Residence at Binna Buura Lodge with Sharon Louise, Photographer in the beautiful Lamington National Park.We'll be in a rustic barn at the entrance to Binna Burra- look for any red displays (our theme colour)! Will also be running workshops, have lots of photos and journals on display and will have work for sale.
A World Apart, Mt Barney Lodge, 26th-27th May, 2012
Artist Therese Flynn-Clarke winner of the Caldera Art Award will be Artist in Residence at Boolamoolah House, Mt Barney Lodge for the World Apart Food Festival. Therese is a Visual Artist working in a variety of materials including mixed media, drawing, ceramics and plant fibres. Therese will be running 3 workshops over the weekend and will also be demonstrating her basketry skills. She will have photos and journals of her art to peruse, as well as art for sale including sculptural items, jewellery, mixed media work and a wide range of ‘arty’ baskets. Therese loves to visit the beautiful scenery of Mt Barney and it continues to inspire her art practice. Come and meet Therese, do a workshop, have a chat or just browse and soak up the great atmosphere, food and art that Mt Barney will be offering!
Contact Therese Flynn-Clarke for Workshop bookings: (07) 3804 0636 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Look at Therese’s art: thereseflynnclarke.blogspot.com
Workshop 1: Ink/Nature Drawings
Take your inspiration from nature- as tools for ‘painting’ in ink and as a source of subject matter. We will create our own ‘brushes’ from natural items and create a series of experimental drawings in ink that will be unique works of art! (No drawing experience necessary but experience also welcome!) Suitable for adults and children.
Saturday 26th May 10.00-12.00pm
Cost $50. This includes all materials and tuition.
Workshop 2: Twined Basket with Stitched Border.
Using natural plant fibres, recycled materials, and yarn create your own twined basket with a stitched border. Embellishments such as seeds and feathers can be used to decorate the rim. Beginners welcome!
Saturday 26th May, 1.00-3.30pm
Cost $50. This includes all materials and tuition. You may wish to bring an old apron or towel to keep your cloths clean.
Workshop 3: Melon Basket
Using natural plant fibres create your own Melon Basket- a traditional ‘shopping basket’ shape, using plant fibres, recycled materials, dyed fabric, yarn… Some experience helpful but not necessary.
Sunday 27th May 9.30am-2.30pm
Cost 100. This includes all materials and tuition.